1. Easy to operate – You can make changes to the website yourself without having to know any HTML coding. Adding pages, blog posts, products, images and editing current content is easy on WordPress.
2. Cheaper to build – WordPress offers a huge variety of themes which can be used to build the website. When you begin with a theme, you cut down significantly on the amount of time it takes to build a website.
3. The highest number of developers creating themes and plugins for it – Similar to the situation you are seeing in the smart phone industry where the iphone offers over 7 times the number of apps as the blackberry, WordPress offers more paid and unpaid themes and plugins than any other Content Management Systems. This means that when you want a feature added to your website, there is a good chance that you will be able to find a plugin that exists for it.
4. Search Engine Optimization is made simple – WordPress offers several great search engine optimization tools that make doing your own on-site SEO simple.
5. E-commerce is available on WordPress – At Designed to Connect, we generally use Woocommerce – an e-commerce add on to WordPress to build our e-commerce websites. As an e-commerce store, you will often find yourself updating your products, pricing, sales, coupons and more. Woocommerce is extremely effective in doing all this along with offering great reports features. Building e-commerce into your website has never been easier or more cost effective!