The date formatting option is available through the WordPress admin panel.
- Go to Settings->General.
- You have several default date formatting options given by Wp.
However, the default options are not good for your needs, you can create the custom date output without any problem. Select the Custom radio button and in the available field input your date format.
Here are some examples of date format and resulting output which is given by the WordPress.
- F j, Y g:i a – March 16, 2016 11:25 am
- F j, Y – March 16, 2016
- F, Y – March, 2016
- g:i a – 11:25 am
- g:i:s a – 11:25:48 am
- l, F jS, Y – Saturday, March 16th, 2016
- M j, Y @ G:i – Mar 16, 2016 @ 0:50
- Y/m/d \a\t g:i A – 2016/03/16 at 11:25 AM
- Y/m/d \a\t g:ia – 2016/03/16 at 11:25am
- Y/m/d g:i:s A – 2016/03/16 11:25:48 AM
- Y/m/d – 2016/11/06